Random Swedish dreams ~ a touch of Sweden in the US

Recently I learned from an 18 year old from Berlin how to put a new app on my phone.  It’s called Event Ticker, and it allows you to count down the number of days until a special event.  In her case, she’s counting the days until she travels to this part of the US, then another part of the US, and then finally the number of days until she flies back home to Europe.  So we decided that I too should have the Event Ticker app, since it’s soon to be our turn to fly to Europe.

Event Ticker app downloaded.
First event added.  June 27, 2017.  Launch for Sweden.
I even added the Swedish flag emoji to the event, to help get me in the mood for the fun that lies ahead…..a mere 28 days from now!

But even as we have begun with great sincerity the packing, giving away, storing for later that happens when you get ready to move back to that corner of the world that God is calling you to, there is a lot to get done.  I’m also working on completing financial reports for the mission, so one of the well earned breaks that I’m treating myself to today is cleaning up my laptop desktop….which means organizing and putting away photos.

I decided it might be fun to share a few photos of some of the many and varied ways that we have experienced “a touch of Sweden” even here in America.
Enjoy!

Oh, and btw, I'm actually posting this several days later after I installed the app and started to write the post.....my Event Ticker app now says "20 days!!"
The Dalarna horse in Cloquet, MN ~ larger than life!

The Dalarna horse, Andersonville in Chicago style ~

Barb and Lina Sandell exchanging Swedish vocab lists at North Park

The church in Chicago that made our missionary display table look very Swedish

Self care baking day after a long road trip ~ cardamom bread was the recipe of choice

Fika after self care  baking day ~ yummy!

Valkommen, Upper Peninsula Michigan style

Valkommen ~ welcome!

Swedish princess torte showed up at a certain big birthday event in May

When Cinqo de Mayo meets Princess Torte ~ only in America!




Comments

Popular Posts